Enable is dedicated to keeping our business and operations running smoothly, while keeping our customers, employees and suppliers safe and healthy. When the COVID-19 pandemic first began, we promptly implemented a COVID-19 Disease Prevention Plan designed to make sure that our operations could be sustained through the pandemic. That plan is structured around five basic principles:
- Prevention – We implemented basic infection prevention measures broadly across company operations, wherever possible.
- Isolation – We designed and deployed processes to identify and prevent sick workers from entering the workplace.
- Communication – We developed communications to related to the plan as well as providing guidance on health, leave and policy changes related to COVID-19.
- Workplace Controls – We also designed and implemented specific elimination, engineering, administrative and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) controls that further limit exposure risks associated with COVID-19.
- Periodic Review – The plan is reviewed periodically and is adjusted as our understanding of COVID-19 expands.
We have continued to monitor data from state and local authorities, as well as health guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to make informed decisions about occupancy limits and other workplace controls. While the specifics of our plan evolve with the pandemic, there are some basic components that do not change, including:
- Screening – All employees are screened for illness before entering an Enable facility or job site. The screening process includes answering questions regarding symptoms and exposure, as well as a daily temperature check. Employees that are exposed or symptomatic are quarantined or isolated in accordance with CDC guidance.
- Physical distance – We have significantly reduced the occupancy of our corporate offices and have implemented protocols that prevent employees from working in close contact with each other.
- Face coverings – All employees are required to wear cloth face coverings in common areas and when their work makes it likely they will be unable to maintain six feet of distance from their coworkers. When performing certain tasks in the field or in a plant, employees will continue to use the appropriate PPE required for the task, which may supplement or replace a face covering.
As the pandemic evolves and progresses, Enable will continue to monitor the available guidance from federal, state, tribal and local authorities and adjust our COVID-19 Disease Prevention Plan accordingly.